The Public Sector Equality Duty 2011 has three aims:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
The Vision and Aims of our school emphasise the importance of creating a diverse and welcoming school community. We seek to ensure that no child is left behind.
Our school has considered how well we currently achieve these aims with regard to the eight protected equality groups: race/ disability/ gender/ gender reassignment/ age/ pregnancy and maternity/ religion or belief and sexual orientation.
In compiling this equality information we have :
- Identified evidence already in the school of equality within policies and practice and identified gaps.
- Examined how our school engages with the protected groups, identifying where practice could be improved.