Children are admitted to school in the September following their fourth birthday. All children will be entitled to a full-time place in the Reception class, subject to parents wishing to take up this full-time place. Applications can be made online to Bradford Council Admissions using the link opposite.
Where the number of preferences for a school exceeds the number of places available, priority will be given to children in the following categories:
1. Looked after children or children who were previously looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a residence or special guardianship order.
2. Children who were Previously Looked After Children outside of England and Wales who were adopted.
3. Children who have exceptional social or medical needs, supported by a written recommendation from the child’s paediatrician/consultant or professional from Children’s Services. The letter must explain why the school is the only suitable school to meet the child’s needs and why no other school could provide the appropriate support for the child.
4. Sisters and brothers of children living at the same address who are at present on roll at the school and will still be attending the school at the time of admission.
5. Children of parents who are members* of the Church of England or other Christian denominations for whom the preferred school is the nearest Church of England school to the home address (see * below).
6. Other children.
* For admission under criterion 5, parents will be asked to demonstrate membership of the appropriate Christian denomination by submitting with their application, a letter from their minister or other church leader confirming the parents’ regular and frequent attendance at church.
We have strong links with the Wharfe and Aire Valley Partnership of Schools which includes the schools in Burley, Menston, Ben Rhydding, Ilkley, Addingham, Silsden and Steeton.
Further information on the process of applying for a school place, or appealing against a decision on admission, can be found on the Bradford Education website, which can be accessed through the link below.
In Year Applications
For parents wishing to apply for a school place other than Reception September 2019, you should first contact Bradford Council Admissions who will advise you on making an in year application - subject to an available place in our school.